This year, Advent begins on Sunday, December 3, and goes until Christmas Eve. This page has a curated list of resources for your faith community to utilize and share this Advent season.
- The Episcopal Church’s Advent Resource list – An extensive list of resources organized into various categories such as Invitation and Gratitude, Racial Reconciliation, Faith Formation, and more.
- A Sign for You: A Customizable Advent and Christmas Video – Created by the Episcopal Church’s Office of Communications, this downloadable video can be customized for your congregation through PowerPoint or Canva.
- Journeying the Way of Love – Based on Presiding Bishop Curry’s Way of Love, this four-session Advent Curriculum, Advent Calendar, and weekly Bulletin Inserts are helpful resources for congregations to center their Advent season.
- AdventWord – Hosted by Forward Movement, this online Advent Calendar features a word for each day selected from the Sunday lectionary readings; subscribers can receive medications and are invited to share their reflections on social media.
- Episcopal Relief & Development Advent Toolkit – Resources for families and congregations focused on establishing a time to create, learn, and pray from Advent to Christmas and through Epiphany.
- Preparing to Become Beloved Community – This labyrinth-based curriculum invited congregations to engage in the four sections of the Becoming Beloved Community (telling the truth, repairing the breach, practicing the way, and proclaiming the dream).
- Sermons for Advent and Christmas 2023 – Sermons That Work offers a compilation of Advent sermons from preachers around The Episcopal Church.