The Office of Young Adult and Campus Ministries for The Episcopal Church supports ministries of, to, and with young adults
(ages 18-30) both on and off college campuses. Through leadership development, networking across the church, gathering
online and in person, and offering support through each diocese and province, we strive to create a community of leaders and
young adults engaged in mission and ministry together.
The Young Adult and Campus Ministries webpage on The Episcopal Church’s website offers resources, grant information,
service opportunities, and events to connect with others involved in this ministry.
Below you will find the campus ministries currently active in the Episcopal Church in Western Oregon.
CANTERBURY HOUSE IN CORVALLIS: Canterbury House at Oregon State University is a faith-based campus group sponsored by the Episcopal Church, which is led by a student club leadership team under the advice and spiritual leadership of a chaplain. Canterbury House is a ministry in collaboration with the Church of the Good Samaritan, Corvallis.
Services at Canterbury House:
- Monday Night Student Meetings: dinner, conversation, and prayer beginning at 6:00 pm. Located at Canterbury House, 2615 NW Arnold Way, across from Alan’s Coffee on Monroe. All students are welcome! (Closed for holidays.)
- Community events: pizza, movie, or game nights throughout the school year.
- Snacks to Go: every Monday morning between 9:30 and 10:00 am the Canterbury House offers free grab-and-go snack packs.
- Weekly bible studies
The Canterbury House Chaplain, Ruth Kruger can be contacted through their website.
EPISCOPAL CAMPUS MINISTRY IN EUGENE: The Episcopal Campus Ministry (ECM) is a Christian community grounded in worship, prayer, service, and hospitality for the students, faculty, and staff of local colleges and universities in Lane County, specifically the University of Oregon, Lane County community college, and Bushnell University. ECM is supported by the Episcopal Churches in the Eugene/Springfield area: St. Mary’s, St. Thomas, St. Matthew’s, Resurrection, and St. John the Divine.
Services at ECM:
- Residence at the ECM house provides safe housing in a Christian community for up to 5 college students near the University of Oregon campus. Rent is $450/month, all utilities included. There currently is a room available; contact the chaplain for more information.
- The Student Food Pantry provides free food to over 300 students (with ID) every Wednesday and Thursday, 4:00 – 6:00 pm. The Pantry is located at Grace Lutheran Church at 710 E. 17th Ave. The pantry is a ministry in partnership with Food For Lane County, Grace Lutheran Church, and UO, and is staffed by student volunteers.
- Weekly community meals and time for worship and prayer.