Title IV of The Episcopal Church canons details the grounds and process for ecclesiastical discipline. It is a church-wide structure to address claims that bishops, priests, or deacons may have engaged in conduct constituting an offense under the canons. It encourages accountability, justice, reconciliation, restoration and pastoral responses.
The Constitution and Canons of The Episcopal Church:
- Title IV Ecclesiastical Discipline begins on page 200
- Title IV.13 Of Hearing Panels begins on page 225
- Title IV.13.3-4 Document dissemination begins on page 226
- Title IV.14 Of Accords and Orders begins on page 230
- Title IV.15 Of Review begins on page 233
- Title IV.17 Of Proceedings for Bishops begins on page 246
Learn more about the disciplinary process: Understanding Title IV website.
Anyone with information about a possible offense by clergy or a layperson of the Episcopal Church in Western Oregon may contact our diocesan office.
Possible criminal offenses should always be reported to law enforcement for investigation.