On Nov. 8, 1863, St. Stephen’s opened their doors on the site that is now City Hall.
“It is the intention that St. Stephen’s Episcopal Chapel shall be a place of worship free to all, without any rent or tax on the seatings; that the stranger and sojourner, the poor and the habitual neglecter of God’s House may the more easily be brought within its sacred influences.”
~Bishop Thomas Fielding Scott on opening St. Stephen’s
To kick off our Centennial Celebration, Operation Nightwatch is resuming their annual fundraiser– NightFest on this historic anniversary.
Operation Nightwatch began as a street ministry over 30 years ago. They have been in St. Stephen’s for the last 13 years opening their hearts to provide radical hospitality, friendship, mental health support and dignity. www.operationnightwatch.org
Please join us on this historic night to support our continued mission.