Out of an abundance of caution, we have decided to cancel the ordinations scheduled for tomorrow, Friday. This decision was very difficult to make, as I am aware of the great anticipation of the ordinands, their supporters, and their future colleagues in the priesthood. The weather has proven difficult to predict these past several days, and the latest prediction for freezing rain today or tomorrow makes it risky to proceed with our plans. We are also aware of delayed or canceled flights today, which will make it difficult to know when or even if our ordinand, Emily Boring, will arrive as planned.
This is a huge disappointment for all of us, but safety for everyone should come first. Even though some of the main roads are clear, many of the local surface streets remain icy and dangerous for driving. In addition, walking is dangerous because the wet ice on stairs and sidewalks is extremely slippery. My earnest desire is for these ordinations to be joyous celebrations unfettered by concerns for physical safety due to hazardous weather conditions.
We look forward to announcing a new date for these ordinations. Your ongoing prayers for SuEllen, VJ, and Emily are greatly appreciated, especially in light of this necessary pivot.