Below are the scheduled trainings and hearings for the 135th Annual Meeting of the Diocesan Convention. These meetings will be held throughout the month of October. Delegates are required to register in advance for the training or hearing through the link provided. Once registered, Zoom will send you a registration link – please SAVE that link.
If your faith community needs to make a delegate change, please do so by Friday, October 13. Please complete the Delegate Change Form.
TRAININGS & HEARINGS:
- October 2 at 6:30 pm – Zoom 101 Training for Delegates
- This is a basic training on Zoom for delegates to the annual meeting of convention. Our director of communications, Alli Gannett, will go over the basic functions of Zoom, including muting and unmuting, raising and lowering your hand, and other important features. The hope is to ease any anxiety with the platform before the annual meeting.
- Register for the Zoom 101 training here.
- October 4 at 6:30 pm – Delegate Training
- This is a delegate training for all delegates to the 135th Annual Meeting of the Diocesan Convention. Delegates will join the Rev. Wes Sedlacek, chair of the committee on the dispatch of business, to go through the proposed house rules and other important information regarding the order of business.
- Register for the Delegate Training here.
- October 10 at 6:30 pm – Proposed Canonical Amendments Hearing
- This hearing will cover the three canonical amendments proposed to the diocesan convention.
- Schedule of Hearing:
- 6:30-6:35 Prayer
- 6:35-7:10 Official Youth Presence
- 7:15-7:50 Commission on Ministry
- 7:55-8:30 Annual Meeting of Convention
- Register for the Proposed Canonical Amendments Hearing here.
- October 12 at 6:30 pm – Resolutions of Policy Hearing
- This hearing will cover the three resolutions of policy proposed to the diocesan convention.
- Register for the Resolutions of Policy Hearing here.
- October 26 at 6:30 pm – Budget Hearing
- This hearing will cover the Budget for the 2024 calendar year. The Budget will be posted on the website on October 3 once Diocesan Council has approved it.
- Register for the Budget Hearing here.
- October 28 at 9:00 am – The 135th Annual Meeting of the Convention
- A registration link will be emailed to all primary delegates two weeks before the annual meeting. Therefore, ALL DELEGATE CHANGES must be submitted by October 13. You can find the change form here.